right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Medical Schools in Canada

raj115raj115 49 replies1 threads Junior Member
edited December 2007 in Foreign Medical Education
Hey! I am interested in doing medicine in Canada but I am neither a permanent resident or a citizen there. Is it possible for college students to enter medical schools on a student visa(if u have a Canadian Bachelors degree).If so, is there any preference given to citizens over international students?..and what do u do after medical school? Can u do residency in Canada as well?
Please help....
edited December 2007
2 replies
Post edited by raj115 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Medical Schools in Canada

• CDN_dancerCDN_dancer 2558 replies21 threads Senior Member
    I believe at the majority of Canadian medical schools, most if not all the spots are reserved for Canadian citizens/permanent residents. There's only a handful which are open to internationals, and even then spots are limited (University of Toronto is one that comes to mind)
    · Reply · Share
  • bluedevilmikebluedevilmike 11870 replies94 threads Senior Member
    What's your home country? (i.e. why not medical school there?)
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity