right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Scotland and medical programs

mamatatamamatata 55 replies13 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
edited February 2008 in Foreign Medical Education
Does anyone here know anything about medical schools in Scottland? Do they accept Americans?
edited February 2008
3 replies
Post edited by mamatata on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Scotland and medical programs

• bluedevilmikebluedevilmike 11870 replies94 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 11,964 Senior Member
    Generally we advise Americans to attend medical school in the States if they intend to practice medicine in the States.
    · Reply · Share
  • Mr BoboMr Bobo 111 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 113 Junior Member
    I'm an American, and I just got accepted to St. Andrew's. (I was also applying to Aberdeen, but I couldn't schedule the interview to coincide with the ones for Cambridge and Newcastle) If you want to practice medicine in the U.S. it's not too difficult; my mom came over to California from England.
    · Reply · Share
  • bluedevilmikebluedevilmike 11870 replies94 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 11,964 Senior Member
    It can be very hard, at least sometimes. About half of Americans who attend foreign schools who apply for the residency match will not get placed at all.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity