Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Best Dorms for Freshman

mygolfermygolfer Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Can you give me some insights on the best community style dorms for freshman and which to stay away from?

Replies to: Best Dorms for Freshman

• swimmerforeverswimmerforever Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Blackwell is amazing!!!
  • mygolfermygolfer Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I heard different things about Blackwell….one being is was very small and old. Would love to hear your thoughts.
  • dheldrethdheldreth Registered User Posts: 319 Member
    Both my Ds ended up in Blackwell. First D didn't really look and put it as her first choice, and of course got it. Second D did not put it as a choice at all and got it. It is old and really small. Not many options of rearranging the furniture in the rooms. Have bunk beds, and a hall bathroom. But the smallness seems to create a really close hall. Especially with my 2nd D. She stayed close to her hall mates all 4 years. This is why many students who live there say it is great, not because of the facilities.
  • mommamochamommamocha Registered User Posts: 369 Member
    Blackwell is small. Having the desks and bookcases built in is really a nice bonus. The chest of drawers is also built in. The beds can only be bunked. I think they're actually pretty nice considering the size. The only real problem is if neither roommate wants to sleep on the upper bunk.
This discussion has been closed.