right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Is the mission trip increases chances to enroll in the university?

hello549hello549 0 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
I'm 11th grade and I'm planning to go to mission trip in the region in Africa for 1 year after I graduate the high school. Since my GPA and ACT scores aren't that good, I wish this trip would increases my chance to be enroll (Even though that's not my major reason for the mission trip) Is there are any chance??
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is the mission trip increases chances to enroll in the university?

• mamaedefamiliamamaedefamilia 3414 replies23 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    @hello549. What do you mean by "aren't that good"? That can mean anything on this site.

To answer your question, a mission trip will not compensate for poor grades and test scores. Your best approach is to apply to schools where the admissions standards match your academic profile. A mission trip might give you a small bump if the work you will be doing relates to your major of if you apply to a college affiliated with the Christian denomination that is sponsoring the trip.
    · Reply · Share
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 41608 replies447 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Are you an American citizen/permanent resident?
    What denomination would sponsor your trip?
    What would you do there for a year?
    Would you be applying to a Christian College? BYU?
    What's your GPA? Any test scores? Can you get recommendations from teachers?
    · Reply · Share
  • SybyllaSybylla 3581 replies42 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 6
    Is it religious proselytizing or actual meaningful service? What country are you in now, that you pick "Africa"?. That is pretty non specific.
    edited July 6
    · Reply · Share