right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Is the mission trip increases chances to enroll in the university?

hello549hello549 0 replies1 threads New Member
I'm 11th grade and I'm planning to go to mission trip in the region in Africa for 1 year after I graduate the high school. Since my GPA and ACT scores aren't that good, I wish this trip would increases my chance to be enroll (Even though that's not my major reason for the mission trip) Is there are any chance??
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is the mission trip increases chances to enroll in the university?

• mamaedefamiliamamaedefamilia 3778 replies25 threads Senior Member
    @hello549. What do you mean by "aren't that good"? That can mean anything on this site.

To answer your question, a mission trip will not compensate for poor grades and test scores. Your best approach is to apply to schools where the admissions standards match your academic profile. A mission trip might give you a small bump if the work you will be doing relates to your major of if you apply to a college affiliated with the Christian denomination that is sponsoring the trip.
    · Reply · Share
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 43281 replies471 threads Senior Member
    Are you an American citizen/permanent resident?
    What denomination would sponsor your trip?
    What would you do there for a year?
    Would you be applying to a Christian College? BYU?
    What's your GPA? Any test scores? Can you get recommendations from teachers?
    · Reply · Share
  • SybyllaSybylla 5068 replies60 threads Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Is it religious proselytizing or actual meaningful service? What country are you in now, that you pick "Africa"?. That is pretty non specific.
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity