right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

George Mason Merit Scholarships

mrbhuismrbhuis 34 replies2 threads Junior Member
Does GMU have any automatic merit based on GPA/SAT/ACT scores? I was very surprised at my dd’s minimal award ($2000 a year) when her sister received full tuition and fees from VCU for the same stats. Even with financial aid, our out of pocket is too high for us.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: George Mason Merit Scholarships

• RymorPRymorP 6 replies1 threads New Member
    edited February 13
    My Son is now in his second semester. From my experience, GMU has a set system on how they award scholarships. Mason is the largest Public University in Virginia with over 37,000 students. So with a set amount of scholarship funds, they have to be strategic, with most of the funds going to out-of-state students to offset Out-of-State tuition cost. What's left over is divided out. My Son got a ton of scholarships from other schools, and he decided to attend Mason because of the degree program, proximity to DC, and Internship opportunities. I'm sure just about every parent has asked this same question. I sure did!
    edited February 13
    · Reply · Share