Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

decision letters March 21 or March 28?

Replies to: decision letters March 21 or March 28?

• ezbreezezbreez Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    Barbara960 -- Truthfully, I'm a very eclectic person. A lot of my schools seem like they wouldn't make sense when you put them next to each other. I really love GW, but in my mind, F&Ms campus is exactly what I've always associated with a college, and F&M is the perfect size. GW is in the heart of DC and offers great chances for internships and just an amazing college experience. F&M offers me the ability to do a joint major in public policy and government, the smaller, more close knit community and a great education. American and University of Delaware (both of which I've been accepted to, yay) are also on my final list. I'm just hoping that I get into GW and F&M, because t hey're on the list too!
  • jstershjstersh Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    @ezbreeze- I'm probably going to Delaware if I don't get into GW, can you say anything good/bad about UD's political science program that you know of? I haven't heard anything in either direction and was just wondering if you had since you sound interested in PP
    Jstersh! - I haven't heard much about UD's polisci program. Actually, I'm not even sure if they have one, because I know that my primary major was listed as Poli Sci and I was accepted with a major in International Studies. I'm assuming it's pretty good. I have a friend whose top choice was UD and her major was Poli Sci. I don't think it's at the same level as GW though (but then again, how could it be?). Depending on the prices of schools, I may end up at Delaware anyway haha. PM me if you wanna chat more about it :)
  • svcarneysvcarney Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    ezbreez - When do you (we) hear back from F&M?! I have not heard a THING about their decisions! (Ironically, GW and F&M are in my final college list, along with W&M and American. Still waiting on American, though.)
    @SVCarney: For the last few years, they've been coming out on the 24th/25th, so hopefully we'lll be hearing back soon. I'm seriously about to cry over this decision. If I don't get into F&M or GW, I'll probably just cry in a corner for about a month and then go to American or Delaware.
  • mttallaczachmttallaczach Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    I got the email on Tuesday(6:10PM) telling me to check the Web site at 6:00PM on Thursday. I was able to log on at like 5:52PM on Thursday and I was able to get my decision then. Do not wait until 6 because you will be lucky to get on. Good luck everyone and if you get in I can happily say it was the best choice I ever made to attend.

Good luck!

Zach
  • mttallaczachmttallaczach Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Also last year - as a tease they posted a picture on facebook of the stack of blue acceptance folders saying they were getting ready to mail them.
  • abkgirlabkgirl Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    ezbreez-- I'm actually a current GW freshman that was in a position similar to yours last year. My final choice came down to F&M and GW, but I was also accepted to American and University of Delaware. While UD and American both have really good political science programs (Joe Biden is an alumni of University of Delaware and they also have a really great new political communications program) unless your decision is based on finances, then I would definitely take those out immediately. Their programs can't really compare to F&M's and GW's. American is good but if you want to be in DC then GW is definitely the place to be. American sells itself as if it's right in the city, but it really isn't. Getting into the real city part of DC requires a shuttle, then a rather lengthy metro ride which personally, I would just find annoying. GW is right in the city and while it's very integrated with the rest of the city, you still feel like you're home while you're on campus because GW owns EVERY building within the 4 by 6 block radius.

I know what you're going through in your consideration of each school and it's a really tough call. F&M does have a beautiful campus and a very good political science program, and the close and tight-knit community is really nice. However, for political science, it's hard to compare F&M's department to GW's because GW's is so great. We boast one of the top programs in the country and professors are some of the most prominent researchers in the field. I'm a political science major and literally, all of the professors that I've had in my political science classes have been incredible. Also, just living in the city for your 4 years in college is an incredible opportunity that not many college students have. The internships, speakers, etc. are unrivaled. In my first few weeks of school I met 4 members of Congress, and Tim Kaine, the current chairman of the DNC. GW also does offer a political science major with a focus in public policy, which is another important thing to consider before you commit to F&M. Another important reason that I chose GW is because I felt as though as nice as F&M's tiny campus and small student body are, because the student body is so small I felt like things would get to the point where everyone knows everyone and it would become just like high school, which is a complaint that some of my friends that do go to liberal arts schools go to. Also, one thing that's nice about GW is that it's really really easy to get off campus and when you do, you're usually in a much safer area than you are in Lancaster.

Sorry, I just gave you a lot of unsolicited advice but I hope that that helped! Let me know if you have any questions about GW/college decisions/etc. Good luck with the rest of your decisions!
  • jstershjstersh Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    so UD's polisci is good? SCORE
  • Zoidberg93Zoidberg93 Registered User Posts: 640 Member
    I'm scared ****less about GWU's decision...
  • hopeandambitionhopeandambition Registered User Posts: 207 Junior Member
    I'm so scared.
    I got shocking waitlists from American and Northeastern and GW is starting to feel doubtful.
  • notunprecedentednotunprecedented Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    I have a feeling that GW's decisions will be released by the end of the week :). I got a "hint" from financial aid emails I received. My application was ready since December and financial aid prepared since early-February, so I feel that any communication at this stage is an indicator for a release.
  • nicolemaria93nicolemaria93 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    How did you guys get your login info? i dont think i ever activated an account or anything. should i just call the admissions office?
  • freckles1freckles1 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    yes Nicole, or email them.
  • mustgotocollegemustgotocollege Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    I know people have stated they anticipate decisions to be released tomorrow (Thursday, March 24), but given previous posts from current GWU students citing that they received the email two days prior to decisions being posted, I don't think we'll be hearing tomorrow...
This discussion has been closed.