Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

decision letters March 21 or March 28?

Zoidberg93Zoidberg93 Registered User Posts: 640 Member
so the gwu website says decisions last week of march....so does that imply the last full week (starting on the 21st) or last actual week (starting on the 28th)? also, will i find out first by
a) email
b) checking the website myself
c) letter in the mail

ask you can see, im sort of impatient and itching to get my decision
Post edited by Zoidberg93 on

Replies to: decision letters March 21 or March 28?

• PunjabiScholarPunjabiScholar Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    I think the fastest way to do it would be to check yourself.They send out emails right away also, but due to the high volume, it might take some time to send all the emails out.

However, when the traffic on the website increases, you wouldn't be able to login or even open the login page on the GWU website. So the fastest way would be to be one of the first ones to get on the website and check your decision =)

The mail comes 2-3 days after the decisions have been posted.
  • ezbreezezbreez Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    ^^ Just as a general statement, Delaware decisions were mailed on a Saturday, so people got them on the Monday, when the online decisions were posted. So that's not always true about the mail.

However, just check everything! That's what I'm gonna be doing...all the time...for the next three weeks...every moment... >.<
  • jstershjstersh Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    collegeboard says GW will begin notifying applicants of financial aid on march 24 so I imagine it will be either around or on that day, right?
  • Zoidberg93Zoidberg93 Registered User Posts: 640 Member
    College board is usually outdated
  • r0kAng3lr0kAng3l Registered User Posts: 1,682 Senior Member
    I got an email a couple days before acceptance notifications came out, and I got to check the status online. Then a week later, I got a package in the mail.
  • Zoidberg93Zoidberg93 Registered User Posts: 640 Member
    Did you apply early action?
  • r0kAng3lr0kAng3l Registered User Posts: 1,682 Senior Member
    Me? Yeah I did.
  • schmohawkschmohawk Registered User Posts: 1,141 Senior Member
    My bet is that it's Thursday, March 24. Last year RD was the 25th- a Thursday.

You'll get an email telling you to check the site at 6PM, but start checking at 5. May sure you have all your log -in info ready. Be prepared for a long wait to log in- the site gets really flooded.
  • freckles1freckles1 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    I applied ED2, and the decisions were posted around 5:20 when it said they'd be available around 6, so you might want to check it a little early and refresh the page :P
  • colormakercolormaker Registered User Posts: 192 Junior Member
    My sister insists the web announcement is this thursday, the 24th. I hope so!
    Eep eep eeeeep/
  • jstershjstersh Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    the wait is killing me. this is the last school I'm waiting to hear from, after this I'll know where I'm going. AHHH
    I hear back from GW and F&M on the same day, and then I make a decision. I'm dying >.<
  • GoldenCandleGoldenCandle Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    If it's next week, I'll actually be at GW (at the Washington Area Model United nations Conference) when decisions are released. This has the potential to be either one of the best or one of the most scarring moments of my life. Well, here's to GW!
  • barbara960barbara960 Registered User Posts: 462 Member
    EZbreeze- I've had kids at both F and M and GW- they are very different places! How did you narrow it down to those 2?
This discussion has been closed.