Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

GW Waitlist

Replies to: GW Waitlist

• volleyball51volleyball51 Registered User Posts: 98 Junior Member
    I was notified on 5/8 that they were reviewing my file and I was considered a highly likely admit and would hear by Friday 5/10 if I responded that I still wanted to attend. I have decided I don't want to, so I didn't reply but it seemed they were basically offering me a spot.
  • volleyball51volleyball51 Registered User Posts: 98 Junior Member
    Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, btw.
    I originally applied to the Honors Program, not sure how that would work with the waitlist.
    It was safety, I think I might have seemed uninterested in my original app. I also sent a letter once being waitlisted and updated grades but did not do the call-in.
  • rohmanoodlesrohmanoodles Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Was the notification through a phone call?
  • kachhankachhan Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    Woah what? Really? Was it a phone call, an email? Any other information you can give us?
    I applied to the School of Public Health and Health Services. But it seems like students who applied to the School of Colombian Arts and Sciences have been receiving admit calls.
    I do hope that isn't the case, since I applied to CCAS and haven't heard anything so far.
    When I called them they said you'd get off the waitlist if there is availability within the specific college you applied to; but in past forums I saw that you'd gain admission even if you don't get into the specific college
    Any word yet? Shouldn't they have started making calls now? Also how do we know how they'll contact us? I presume by phone, but which phone number? I recall giving them my home and cell..
    Haven't heard a thing
  • schmohawkschmohawk Registered User Posts: 1,141 Senior Member
    Hey volleyball: I guess it wasn't really a 'safety', was it?
  • EDhelp123EDhelp123 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    Accepted off of the waitlist!!!!!!!!
    Congrats! When did you receive the call? Did they tell you anything else about the list?
    ^I received an email! I cannot believe it, I am sooo happy! They didn't say anything else about the waitlist, sorry! Oh and I've been accepted to the Colombian college of arts and sciences!
    Did you get the email just this morning?
    Yesterday afternoon
This discussion has been closed.