right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

GW Waitlist

sdstarsdstar 15 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 21 New Member
For anyone who is waitlisted, do you plan on accepting your place on the list? Also, how much of an advantage do you think you gain (if any) by doing the call-in?
edited June 2013
57 replies
Post edited by sdstar on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: GW Waitlist

• gwgradgwgrad 466 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 470 Member
    You should call-in.

Slight advantage. If you're interested in attending, why not spend the afternoon calling?
    · Reply · Share
  • HellobabyHellobaby 76 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    Agreed. Calling in will make a big difference.
    · Reply · Share
  • sdstarsdstar 15 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Does anyone know who I can contact to confirm that the admissions office has received my Wait List response form? The deadline to have it in is April 12 so I just want to make sure they got mine.
    Thank you!
    · Reply · Share
  • kachhankachhan 47 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    I got waitlisted too, visited GW a few days ago and absolutely fell in love with it. Do you have any more information on what the "calling in" situation is like? And is it too late to send in some sort of an appeal letter?
    · Reply · Share
  • dowzerwdowzerw 2440 replies59 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,499 Senior Member
    If you are passionate about GWU and would accept if you were offered admission, you should convey that to GWU. Demonstrated interest matters there. Make sure you include any grades or awards updates.
    · Reply · Share
    Has anyone heard anything yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • maroonflamingomaroonflamingo 4 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5 New Member
    No I haven't heard anything yet. Do you think they will call or email us?
    · Reply · Share
    I'm not totally sure- but I assume call since they'll probably want a decision pretty quickly. I think people who were waitlisted last year first started hearing back on the 8th so hopefully we get some good news tomorrow or some time soon!
    · Reply · Share
  • maroonflamingomaroonflamingo 4 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Okay, still crossing my fingers because I haven't heard anything yet!
    · Reply · Share
  • rohmanoodlesrohmanoodles 9 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 9 New Member
    When I called, they said they will noticy from mid to end of may.
    · Reply · Share
  • kachhankachhan 47 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    So does that mean we'll hear something after may 15th?
    · Reply · Share
  • rohmanoodlesrohmanoodles 9 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Around then!
    · Reply · Share
  • oos1stchoiceoos1stchoice 10 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13 New Member
    My son was notified may 6th that he got in. He received his fin aid package the next day.
    · Reply · Share
    What school at gwu did he apply to?
    · Reply · Share
  • oos1stchoiceoos1stchoice 10 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity