Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Financial Aid HELP!

tester13tester13 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
I got may CSS information to GW in early April because of some late confusion. Is there anybody I could contact directly in the financial aid office to see if they can get me my FinAid package before the May 1st deadline? I need to know how much aid GW will offer me before I make my decisions.
Post edited by tester13 on

Replies to: Financial Aid HELP!

• dalmatiandalmatian Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm in the same situation; I sent the CSS profile the first week of April, called many times, and sent a few emails. I received a response from [email protected] that given how late it is, they may not have sufficient funds but they will try to process my application. I sent some follow up emails but received nothing. I logged onto GW's financial aid portal yesterday and it says I am ineligible for Fall 2013. They haven't responded to my latest email either.

You can try calling the office at (202) 994-6620

Good luck.
  • DRAWESOME12DRAWESOME12 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I submitted my profile on April 4th and I got my estimated award on the 19th, but they had it since the 18th. You should call though, I called them like three times.
  • dalmatiandalmatian Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I just received an email saying GW is about to process my application but I'm already committed so I don't know what will happen. They may just be very behind in processing other profiles.
  • tester13tester13 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I checked my GW application activity center, and it now says they have received my profile. I just hope they can give me an estimate before May 1st. I don't want to commit to GW and then end up paying over $40,000 a year.
  • tester13tester13 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    Ah......just a couple of days before May 1st. No word yet.......I really wish GW would hurry up! Is there anybody I can call to see if they can give me the info over the phone?
This discussion has been closed.