Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Did anyone change their mind?

Thecurious1Thecurious1 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
Hi Everyone!
I currently go to GW and I was wondering if some of the school's recent scandals had any effect on your (or someone you know's) decision to apply. Earlier this year we lost our ranking because the admissions office lied about what percentage of the class was in the top 10% of their high school class; recently, the school has been found to not be completely need-blind as they came. Have these events altered your opinions of the school at all? Please let me know!
Post edited by Thecurious1 on

Replies to: Did anyone change their mind?

• dowzerwdowzerw Registered User Posts: 2,474 Senior Member
    No, they don't really have an impact on the education and opportunities available at GWU so it isn't an issue to us. I am SURE other schools manipulate their admissions stats to be ranked higher by USNWR. The not completely need blind issue is a non issue also. They CAN"T be completely need blind. No school can be unless it has through the roof endowment (HYPS).
  • Thecurious1Thecurious1 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Thank you. Are you a prospective student or a parent or other?
This discussion has been closed.