Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Essentials for a new student

washubound111washubound111 Registered User Posts: 0 New Member
Hey guys,
So I was wondering if I could ask a question to any current students or parents of current students. My girlfriend is entering GW next year and I wanted to get her something cool to help her enjoy GW. I was gonna get a museumg pass until I realized that all the museums are free. Are there any passes, memberships, or just things that would make a cool gift that give you cool opportunities in and around the city of DC or on campus?
Any help would be really appreciated,
Thanks!

Replies to: Essentials for a new student

• MSNDISMSNDIS Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
    She would probably enjoy a fare card for public transportation so she can easily access all the free museums.

https://smartrip.wmata.com/storefront
  • NHufferNHuffer Forum Champion GWU Posts: 872 Forum Champion
    edited June 2015
    I think a SmartTrip card and/or a Starbucks gift card would be really cool. GW has no less than 3 Starbucks on campus and they are prime real estate. I've spent many a dollar on their beverages throughout my undergrad time. If you could only do one I'd lean towards Starbucks (even if she doesn't drink it yet- peer pressure will see to it that she starts, lol). I used my SmartTrip a bit as a student but it seemed like we took taxis and the campus 4-Ride everywhere.

Edit: I just thought of it, but another thing that students like to do is decorate their rooms with all kinds of swag. You could either get her a gift certificate to the GW Bookstore or maybe buy her a GW pennant to hang in her room: http://www.bkstr.com/georgewashingtonstore/home
  • Zoidberg93Zoidberg93 Registered User Posts: 640 Member
    you could get her a library of congress card, but she would have to accompany you. I like the idea of a smartrip metro card as well, that's basically an essential item
This discussion has been closed.