Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

George Washington University RD 2021


Replies to: George Washington University RD 2021

  • mishk90mishk90 Registered User Posts: 395 Member
    @nameisvivien admissions but also call and find out
  • yikestmyikestm Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    sorry if this is annoying, but could you be more specific? i really wanna change but im not sure if it is too late, and when I searched what you said I couldn't find anything. Should I email the school? Also I am assuming they allow you to switch this late??
  • mishk90mishk90 Registered User Posts: 395 Member
    @yikestm Sorry about that! Email admissions along with your GWID and ask them to send you the ED agreement, bubble in ED2 when you get it and make sure you send it back to them.
    Emailing is the best, they will send it back to you:)
  • India1234India1234 Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    Have any of you received any application portal or anything to signify that they've gotten the application?
  • Fishnlines29Fishnlines29 Registered User Posts: 1,549 Senior Member
    @India1234 You should have received an email with your GWID and link to login to the portal. If you use GMAIL, type GWU in the search function as sometimes emails are hidden (we've learned).
  • mishk90mishk90 Registered User Posts: 395 Member
    @India1234 sometimes it takes a while but you should've received an email
  • AdoolsAdools Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey guys! I want to switch my application from regular decision to EDII - is it way too late? What's the quickest way for me to do this? Thanks!
  • mishk90mishk90 Registered User Posts: 395 Member
    @Adools email admissions asap
  • mochikomochiko Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    I applied RD, I only did FAFSA and CSS, and what else shall I do? School doesn't send any mail for FA
  • alwayslate17alwayslate17 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    @mochiko I have the same problem here. The website doesn't specify what forms I need to send and where I need to send them. A little worried they didn't receive my FAFSA and CSS though. It didn't have a checkmark next to it on the portal. What did everyone else submit for FA?
  • mishk90mishk90 Registered User Posts: 395 Member
    Try emailing admissions, i didn't file for FA so I don't know /: but I hope I can help a bit!
  • mommymetalmommymetal Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    This is directly from the GW website:
    • Indicate on the Undergraduate Admissions Common Application that student will be applying for aid.

    • To maximize eligibility for all sources of aid we encourage applicants to submit both the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) applications.

    • Complete the CSS Profile online using the GW School Code 5246. The Profile is not required if you only wish to be considered for Federal aid. However, in order to be considered for GW need based grants and scholarships, students must also complete the CSS Profile and Non-Custodial Profile, if applicable. For assistance with the Profile application, email CSS at [email protected] or call844-202-0524.

    • Complete the FAFSA using the GW School Code 001444 in order to be considered for federal financial assistance. Use of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool will streamline your application. For assistance with the FAFSA application call 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3242)

    • If a dependent applicant’s parents are divorced, we will follow federal guidelines and collect information for the custodial parent and step-parent, if the custodial parent has remarried.

    • Submit to our office signed copies of prior year federal tax returns and W2 statements for custodial parents (and step-parent, if applicable) and student (GW does not receive documents through the CSS Profile IDOC system). Estimated or draft copies of tax returns, or notifications of filing extensions are not accepted.

    ****When my son was applying, he labeled each page of the documents (tax returns and W-2’s)with his name and GW ID (he printed the labels on word, you can print a page of all the same labels under the labels tab )

    ****You mail them to:
    Office of Student Financial Assistance
    800 21st Street NW
    Colonial Central
    Marvin Center/Ground Floor
    Washington, DC 20052

    • Submit the Verification of Family Member Enrollment which must be completed by the Financial Aid Office of the other school for each family member who is attending a school other than GW.

    Submit required Verification Documents

    ****If you use the IRS data retrieval tool on the FAFSA you probably won’t be asked for verification

    ****was added by me
  • RaelteRaelte Registered User Posts: 212 Junior Member
    Saw mentions earlier of a groupme so heres a link if anyone wants to join
    https:// app.**** /join_group/ 27391718/ wItyYw
  • GWUhopefulGWUhopeful Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Anyone know what date ED 2 notices will be sent? GWU website says mid Feb. Some colleges send earlier than the date posted. Wondering if GWU notices might come out earlier.
  • mishk90mishk90 Registered User Posts: 395 Member
    @GWUhopeful Mid-February
This discussion has been closed.