Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

George Washington University RD 2021

Replies to: George Washington University RD 2021

• sliz191sliz191 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    has anyone received their acceptance letter?
  • sliz191sliz191 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    like in the mail
  • neutopschoolneutopschool Registered User Posts: 114 Junior Member
    I haven't yet
  • 1234isam341234isam34 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Accepted to the Elliott School with a 3.68 UW GPA. 6 APs. Didn't submit SAT scores. Lots of ECs, Girls State and other selective programs. Small, rural school with 45 students. $15,000 Presidential Scholarship.
  • LadyMelanthaLadyMelantha Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2017
    Accepted to SEAS with $25,000 PSA for piano.

GPA: 3.94 (unweighted)
    SAT: 1560/1600
    SAT II: Biology M (790), Math 2 (780), World History (720)
    APs: Computer Science A (5), US Government and Politics (5)
    Dual Enrollement: Human Anatomy and Physiology, Beginning Drawing
    Senior Year Courses: AP Calc BC, AP Physics 1, Research Paper Writing, Modern Literature, Modern History, US History, French IV, Comparative Politics (dual enrollment, first semester only)

Extracurricular: dance (12 years of lessons, TA in beginning hip-hop, part-time job as housekeeping at the studio), piano (10 years lessons, frequent performance), three half-marathons, volunteer (chapter head at award-winning international nonprofit Teach Seniors Technology, math tutoring), University of the Pacific piano camp every summer, Women in Engineering Summer Youth Program at Michigan Tech
    Awards/honors: National Merit Finalist, won or placed in several piano competitions, performed in MTAC CM Branch Honors Recitals Levels 6, 8, and 10 (explanation below for non-Californians), National Latin Exam Magna Cum Laudum, passed National Piano Guild Auditions every year I participated, Pride of (Insert Major City) Community Honoree (awarded to all local chapter heads and the president of Teach Seniors Tech)
    Essays: can't speak for the quality. Common App essay was about a relative's disabling stroke, and how it affected by passion for medical technology. GW essay was about accepting my biological inability to dance well en pointe.
    Also: homeschool

CM is a statewide evaluation run by music teachers in California. It includes a written test in theory and ear training, and a hands-on portion consisting of performance, sight-reading, and technique. There are 11 levels (prep, 1-9, and advanced). I reached advanced and then stopped.

Other results: Accepted to Allegheny College, St Mary's College of CA, University of Puget Sound. Waitlisted at University of Michigan, University of Chicago. Rejected from Stanford.
  • GodismyshepherdGodismyshepherd Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    edited April 2017
    I got into Columbian CAS political Science major as a Korean international student studying in New York Staten Island Academy. I had 640 CR 800Math, 3.78 unweighted GPA, I got 4 on my AP AB Calc, took no subject test. 102 toefl
    I took six APs- AB Calc, AP US, AP Chem, AP Lang, AP Euro,AP Stats.
    I have been playing three varsity sports.
    I am a concert master first violinist.
    I have participated in 5 musical productions and dramas.
    I have helped my father's congressmen election in Korea over several vacations.( I wrote 10pages long essay on my experience)
    I did four in- depth team projects over four summers that dealt with environmentalism, anti-violence, natural disaster, and market economy( posted that on Zeemee).
    I got into Boston University, Rutgers honors college in New Brunswick( its a great program), stony brook, uconn, umass amhearst)
    I got waitlisted at NYU, Boston college, Middlebury College.
    I got rejected from Johns Hopkins, Cornell, Tufts, USC.

I am gonna go to George Washington University as a final decision.
  • geniusa1ageniusa1a Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    Anyone get package in mail yet because I have not?
  • cednj99cednj99 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    My daughter received her scholarship information from financial aid but hasn't received a physical letter from admissions.
  • candjsdadcandjsdad Registered User Posts: 210 Junior Member
    All my son got was a 9x12 envelope with two sheets of paper with his financial aid offer.
  • dannguyendannguyen Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2017
    Same, just two sheets of paper with all information I could trace on GWeb
  • LiliVossLiliVoss Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    For those of you who have been accepted to the Elliot School, would you mind telling me what your credentials were. I plan on applying next year and I would like to know if I have a chance.
    Finally got acceptance package in the mail today!
  • candjsdadcandjsdad Registered User Posts: 210 Junior Member
    @geniusa1a What was in the acceptance package? Is that something more than the two sheets from the financial aid office my son got last week?
    @candjsdad the acceptance package includes a lot of the same info from online website (acceptance letter, dates of events, etc.). Also, it comes with some goodies.
  • wowed777wowed777 Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    my son was wait-listed a few weeks ago. He just received an email that he was offered to study the first year in paris and transfer the second year. Has anyone heard of this or did this option? anyone else receive this offer?
This discussion has been closed.