Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Chance me for George Washington

evaissupercoolevaissupercool Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
Demographics: Middle Class, white, female, junior year
Intended Major: pre-law or public policy
Academics: 3.91 UW GPA, 4.27 W, My school doesn’t rank but it is really competitive
APs/Dual: AP English III, Ap psychology, Ap physics, dual U.S History. Next year I’m planning on taking AP stats, Ap English IIII, Ap environmental science, and Ap biology
PSAT: 1390
SAT: haven’t taken it yet, hoping to raise it about 100 points.
Extracurricular: NHS, Student Council, Key Club, Social studies team, Current events team, Persuasive speaking, show choir, Marching and concert band, solo and ensemble for clarinet, debate team, one act play. 100+ hours of community service. If yall dont think my stats are good enough, please let me know what you think I can do to improve them!

Replies to: Chance me for George Washington

• NHufferNHuffer Forum Champion GWU Posts: 859 Forum Champion
    While I don't prefer to chance juniors, your stats look right in-line with what GW would normally accept. I think if you keep at it, you'll stand a good chance at getting in. Just make sure you do your part in showing interest in the school with a tour (if possible), reaching out to your local Admissions Rep, and a strong essay that is tailored specifically for GW.
This discussion has been closed.