right arrow
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: 10s4life just graduated from UCLA with a degree in electrical engineering. He'll answer questions about his experience at UCLA or the college admissions process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance me Spring Transfer 2019

ssmleessmlee 5 replies3 threads New Member
I just submitted my application for GW Spring Transfer 2019. I'm a sophomore in my 3rd semester of college. I go to a private university in Boston studying Marketing but I want to switch to Political Science. I play two Division III sports, soccer and tennis, currently at my school. I had a marketing internship in the summer, do a bunch of ECs at my school mostly sport related. My GPA is 3.6. I also took some Community College classes over the past couple of years and I guess I have a 4.0 in all those classes. High school gpa was bad but GW doesn't require it so I'm not going to send it. I think I wrote a pretty good essay. I'm not looking to play sports at GW but I really want to study Poli sci. What are my chances of getting in?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me Spring Transfer 2019

• NHufferNHuffer Forum Champion GWU 990 replies2 threads Forum Champion
    I think your chances are quite good. GPA is the biggest thing as a transfer, and the fact that you've done that while also playing two sports is great.

Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • ssmleessmlee 5 replies3 threads New Member
    I wasn't so sure what my chances were, thanks for the reassurance.
    · Reply · Share
  • sfgwdreamsfgwdream 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I submitted my GWU transfer application three weeks ago, best of luck to you! GWU is my dream school- I'm so excited for my admissions decision! Do you know when they usually notify students?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity