Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

George Washington University Fall 2019 transfers

Replies to: George Washington University Fall 2019 transfers

• wilsonviiiwilsonviii Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I just got accepted!!! but I cannot see my cost of attendance or my award letter.
  • Miniman1673Miniman1673 Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    Congratulations to those that got accepted today.
    My portal hasn't changed from last week.
    @wilsonviii Are you a International applicant?
  • maira91maira91 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    My portal hasn't changed as well either:/
  • ohhuntyohhunty Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    @gwuhope i got an email around 2 pm today! i didn’t see any changes to my main portal either... i’m an international applicant so i wasn’t able to see if there were any changes in the financial aid portal
  • ohhuntyohhunty Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    edited May 22
    my gpa went down a bit this semester and i’m really scared they might take back my admission :( is this something that usually happens?
  • gwuhopegwuhope Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    im so confused. how are you guys getting your acceptances so early? when did you submit your application?
  • Kennedy1962Kennedy1962 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    I got my acceptance around 10 am this morning! So out of the blue...especially since I submitted my application ridiculously late (April 13th, yes I suck that much)... don't worry @gwuhope, good things are coming your way!
  • jat24526jat24526 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I got my acceptance around 12pm yesterday, I literally applied the last minute on the last day to apply, so I don’t think when you applied matters.
    Here are my stats:
    College GPA: 4.0 with 60 credits already completed
    Major: political science
    Extracurricular activities: Student Government senator, president and established a public bus transportation discount pass to all students at my college as sga president. I also help organize and establish the first ever Hispanic celebration on my campus for Hispanic heritage month, also I’m Hispanic male.

I hope this helps please let me know if you need anymore help and good luck to all!!!
  • yikestmyikestm Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    Does anyone have any idea when the next wave will be out then? I feel like this one was kind of random lol
    I submitted my application on April 14th. Everything was checked off and my Fin Aid said completed Monday morning then yesterday afternoon they added 1 more requirement do to the submission of a non custodial waiver request. So now it is back to please submit missing documents. Hopefully we will see some more acceptances in the coming weeks.
    yea I hope to hear back. I did email them yesterday to make sure everything was intact. Im kinda nervous because I submitted my application in December and all my financial aid stuff was done in the beginning of February. so im here like ahhh whats going on.
    @gwuhope I wouldn't be nervous it is still very early. Something similar happened last year where a handful of applicants were admitted early then on May 31st there was a big drop. People who were admitted end of June into July were offered Spring transfers.
  • maira91maira91 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    @gwuhope I turned in my app early as well around February ughhhhh
    @maira91 I just got off the phone with the admissions office. The lady was really helpful. She said that a few decisions came out within the last 24 hours and they were completely random.. so theres no need to worry, we should be receiving them soon. she said my application and everything were complete, just need to wait and see.