right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
1 DAY until our COVID-19's impact on admissions webinar, tomorrow at 3:00 pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Early Decision 1 Chances?

jgmac17jgmac17 8 replies5 threads New Member
Hello all! I'm applying ED1 from Georgia. I'm a white female and I go to a private Catholic school. I've visited campus once in October and I'm applying for Political Communication with Political Science as my alternative.

I'm stressing over decision day HEAVILY and I would really appreciate any feedback/thoughts!

Cumulative GPA: 4.025/4.0 unweighted and 3.96/4.0 weighted

Scores: I applied test optional but my SAT is 1220 and my ACT is a 28

Rigor: My school doesn't allow AP classes to be taken freshman year so between sophomore and junior year I've taken 3 APs. I'm currently taking two more APs as well as being dual enrolled for English. Also, I've taken 3 honors courses.
So far, my AP scores are -
AP World History: 3
AP U.S. History: 3
AP Language and Composition: 5

Extracurriculars:
- Accumulated 126 hours of various volunteer projects (rebuilding homes, reading to children, working with local soup kitchens, organizing a "Special Prom" at a local church for those with disabilities)
- I've been on my class student council for two years as the Vice President and this year, as a senior, I was elected student body treasurer.
- Organized the powderpuff game at my school for 3 years
- Organized my school's trip to Atlanta for the March for Our Lives
- Interviewed Miss America 2016 during freshman year for my school's community magazine
- Was interviewed by Associated Press during the MFOL
- Gave a speech in March of this year during my school's memorial service for the Parkland tragedy and was later interviewed by Georgia Public Broadcasting about it
- Selected to participate in a GPB video segment in which two residents of my city, one white and one black, sit for an hour and discuss racism in our community
- I've worked at a yoga studio for two years as a clerk and assistant to the owner
- I'm a member of the National Honors Society, which I have mentored three sophomores through
- I was one of the founding members of my school's Environmental Team
- Member of Beta club
- A bit random, but I have a small business in which I make and sell calligraphy pieces such as cards, art, and decor
- I'm involved in a diploma endorsement program which builds leadership skills and allows a 3 year study into an area of choice (in my case, politics)
- I'm involved in a group called Georgia Women, which hosts various political events and allows me to participate in city hall forums as well as work alongside local elected officials

Awards:
- St. Michael College Book award
- Academic letter freshman year
- Academic recognition sophomore and junior year

Essays: I would say writing is where I excel the most. My college english professor reviewed all three of my essays and, out of my whole application, I'm most confident in my essays. In my common app essay, I discuss what I've learned from my personal grief process. My GW supplemental essay discusses giving a speech for gun control to my largely conservative classmates. My political communication essay is about Ruth Bader Ginsburg and why I would choose to be her out of anybody involved in politics.

I give all my love to anybody who reads over this. I appreciate any sort of feedback more than I can express. And to anybody else applying ED, I send the best of luck to all of you!!!

Thank you!
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Early Decision 1 Chances?

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity