right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

School of Media and Public Affairs (SMPA)

BL3001BL3001 127 replies6 threads Junior Member
hey everyone! I just thought I'd reach out and see if anyone is applying to GW's School of Media and Public Affairs for the journalism or poli comm major (class of 2023). I absolutely love the program and am definitely applying regular decision later this year.

did anyone apply ED? anyone considering ED2 or RD? I know the school is small but I'd love to connect with some other people who are interested!!
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: School of Media and Public Affairs (SMPA)

• imadreamer19imadreamer19 29 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Hi! I actually applied ED. My #1 is Elliott and my #2 is SMPA. I think I was more competitive for SMPA though. Have you applied yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • BL3001BL3001 127 replies6 threads Junior Member
    that's awesome - good for you and good luck hearing back soon!! I'm sure you'll get into Elliott but it would be so cool if you ended up at SMPA! I actually applied EA to a few other places just to cast a wide net and get a sense of things but I really love SMPA so so much and am considering ED2 depending on my EA results at other schools. I am 100% applying in some form though because I absolutely LOVE it. when are you supposed to hear back from GW? have you visited?
    · Reply · Share
  • imadreamer19imadreamer19 29 replies2 threads Junior Member
    That's wise! I think I will hear back within the next week. I have toured GW officially once, but I have gone to the campus just to survey the vibe four times :). Have you?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity