right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Engineering program at GW

KerrySchenkerKerrySchenker 1 replies1 threads New Member
Does anyone have any info or feedback on the strength of GW’s engineering program? We are aware of the new engineering building built in 2015. Also curious to know if employers actively recruit engineering students from GW.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Engineering program at GW

• BrooklynRyeBrooklynRye 788 replies6 threads Member
    I am also interesting in this, Kerry. For what USNWR rankings are worth, GW’s engineering program is ranked only 75th. This compared with comparable schools such as Northeastern in the top 40. Our S2 received a Clark Engineering Scholarship and no one at GW seems to know what exactly the scholarship is. We spoke with financial aid, admissions, and with the engineering department and no one can provide us with definitive information other than the general stuff found on line. We even reached out to the Clark Foundation and they were no help either. Frustrating considering that this is a major scholarship for GW, presumably a boost to their status as an undergraduate engineering school. Let me know what you find out!
    · Reply · Share
  • txstellatxstella 1124 replies7 threads Senior Member
    Follow the GW SEAS on twitter and you will see job fairs and employment opportunities that have been posted. From what I’ve read, GW is working on the standing of its engineering programs which aren’t a traditional strength of the school.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity