right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

When is a Student notified for their Merit Scholarship?

FN2176FN2176 1 replies2 threads New Member
Hello all. I finally got my daughters financial award back from GW (underwhelming). However we did not see anything for a merit scholarship. Does anyone know when and how students are notified about merit scholarships for GWU?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: When is a Student notified for their Merit Scholarship?

• liveyourlife26liveyourlife26 127 replies11 threads Junior Member
    It should be accounted for on your financial aid package. Usually they are noted as "Presidential Scholarship." If the package does not specify anything like that, it does not seem like your daughter got merit aid.
    · Reply · Share
  • AasabemAasabem 15 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Another place to find it would be in the Decision Letter. I think it was in the second paragraph.
    · Reply · Share
  • abbygwuabbygwu 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    It would be in the same place that you're able to see financial aid - they group all loans, grants, and scholarships together, so it may mean she didn't receive any
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity