right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Is George Washington a good school for pre-med and health majors?

sophieee123sophieee123 47 replies16 threads Junior Member
George washington has a lot of the majors I have been looking for (public health, health policy and nutrition science) but I am not sure how highly ranked they are. I’m not sure how well known of a school it is or how it would look on a med school application...
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is George Washington a good school for pre-med and health majors?

• liveyourlife26liveyourlife26 127 replies11 threads Junior Member
    The Milken School for Public Health is a top-ranked school for public health. It currently ranked #12 as a graduate public school program, so it is pretty well-known. The biology department, which has a lot of pre-med majors, is housed in a different school though.
    · Reply · Share
  • NHufferNHuffer Forum Champion GWU 989 replies2 threads Forum Champion
    The public health/health sciences is very strong at GW. GW has it's own medical school as well as a hospital on campus. I've known several pre-med students that went on to go to med school at GW and are now very successful residents in their fields. If you're serious about med school, GW is definitely a solid choice for undergrad.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 7897 replies84 threads Senior Member
    GWU is indeed a very strong pre-med program- and it is expensive with a COA of $75K per year. Tuition ONLY for their med school is currently $86K per year.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity