right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Waitlisted at GW?

letmeinpls7letmeinpls7 0 replies2 threads New Member
Hi everyone! I just got my decision back from GW and I was waitlisted. I am an above average candidate for them and considered it to be my safety. All of my scores are above their ranges and I have a large expanse of extra curricular activities including debate, community service clubs, and a job. I am trying to figure out why I was waitlisted as I was very excited about the prospect of going there if it worked out financially. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! I’m so confused!
12 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Waitlisted at GW?

• sdl0625sdl0625 926 replies13 threads Member
    likely they might have thought this was a "safety" school for you. If you let them know that if the $ works out that this is a top choice, that might help. I read that they will be wait listing more this year because they have no idea how yield will work out with everything going on.
    · Reply · Share
  • NJdad07090NJdad07090 561 replies8 threads Member
    If could be anything, maybe they have enough kids form your state maybe you play flute and they need drummers, it really does not matter, what matters is do you want to go there or are you just stung they did not accept you and you thought it was a safety school? How much money do you need to work out? Waitlist is gonna be tough this years with most colleges pushing back deposit day to June 1.
    · Reply · Share
  • mmendoza27mmendoza27 61 replies1 threads Junior Member
    does anyone know when waitlist decisions come out?
    · Reply · Share
  • nursing15nursing15 15 replies0 threads Junior Member
    My daughter was offered admission off the waitlist April 14 th
    · Reply · Share
  • Lasttime2020Lasttime2020 37 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Still waiting--waitlisted--from So.Cal.
    · Reply · Share
    @nursing15 Did your daughter get a good financial aid/scholarship package?
    · Reply · Share
    did anyone hear back
    · Reply · Share
    not yet. Heard twice so far from Admissions via text, asking if I'm still interested in being on the wait list. 1st text was 4th week of April, 2nd text last week.
    · Reply · Share
    Any updates?
    · Reply · Share
  • j1llianj1llian 2 replies0 threads New Member
    updates?
    · Reply · Share
    Still says "Waitlisted"
    · Reply · Share
  • j1llianj1llian 2 replies0 threads New Member
    I called admissions and the lady just said they don’t know when but “soon”. Hopefully within a few weeks!
    · Reply · Share