right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

GW Paris Scholars Program

d0ug1asd0ug1as 4 replies2 threads New Member
I was denied from GW entirely, but I just received a pretty vague email saying I was being offered the “Paris Scholar Program”.
Basically it is a year at a school in France for a year, and then a guaranteed transfer sophomore year (as long as you maintain a 3.0 GPA, but from what I have read the academics are pretty lax). Has anyone else gotten into this program, and are you considering it? It is my top option excluding 3 wait lists and a deferral.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: GW Paris Scholars Program

• AthenaCAAthenaCA 56 replies8 threads Junior Member
    I'm currently in Paris for the Paris Scholars Program, only 13 students are in the program as well, so it's a small group, but I do suggest thinking about taking the offer. PM me if you have any questions.
    · Reply · Share
  • smack312smack312 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Hello - Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the program here (I cannot PM). Was it a good experience; do you recommend it? Pros and Cons?
    · Reply · Share
  • AthenaCAAthenaCA 56 replies8 threads Junior Member
    @smack312 I absolutely loved the program, being in Paris is such an advantage in itself and the trips and experiences I had were absolutely unbelievable. Tbh I'm happy I spent my freshman year in Paris rather than at GWU. I would 100% recommend doing this experience. The only con is if you're not used to traveling or living somewhere not in the United States it's going to be difficult for you. You can go through culture shock and you could also just get depressed and not enjoy your time in Paris. Paris is extremely different than the US; the language, food, settling, and living standards. You just have to be prepared for such a change, but IMO it's completely worth it and you should take this chance to learn and grow in Europe.
    · Reply · Share