right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Greek Life at GW

nikothepikonikothepiko 0 replies1 threads New Member
I'm very much opposed to Greek life. I love to party but I have just never liked the idea of a frat. Are frats a big part of GW? Will I be left out by not joining one? Is it easy enough to party and have a good time without having to pay into a frat?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Greek Life at GW

• sdl0625sdl0625 922 replies13 threads Member
    Frats are not a big part of GW, but are there if you want. most GW students are more into their student orgs than Greek Life.
    · Reply · Share
  • camorangecamorange 5 replies0 threads New Member
    I go to GWU and before going to college, I was opposed to greek life. But I ended up joining a small fraternity for gay men and it is a chill, awesome group of people. No hazing or crazy parties or any social pressure. I also have plenty friends outside of my frat that I spend a lot of time with.
    · Reply · Share
  • Zoidberg93Zoidberg93 566 replies77 threads Member
    I believe the rate of Greek Life participation was about 20% when I started at GW. Greek Life does not dominate social life at GW the same way it does at some other big state universities. You will by no means feel left out if you choose not to participate - in fact, you'd be a part of the majority that chooses not to partake. If you do change your mind and want to join, it's certainly there and fairly vibrant. I personally abhor fraternities, and I eagerly look forward to the day they all get banned.
    · Reply · Share