right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

What are my changes of getting into GW's MA in International Affairs

TXgirl1987TXgirl1987 0 replies2 threads New Member
Hello!

I am preparing an application for GW's Elliot School's MA in International Affairs. I think I have a decent application, but I am still nervous because it is my top choice. I would appreciate any thoughts on my chances!

Major: International Studies
Minors: Business Administration and Mandarin Chinese (with a study abroad at Tsinghua University in Beijing)
GPA: 3.5 mid-size Southern private school
GRE: The program is GRE optional so I'm hoping to avoid having to take the GRE.
Professional Experience: I currently have two jobs. I was hired out of college to work in business for a Fortune 500 company and have been there for couple years. I am also an Officer in the military (reserve unit).
Statement of Purpose: My statement of purpose has some unique elements in it including international development experience abroad done with my family (my family has been doing humanitarian work in the region for decades). I clearly state my goals and how GW's MA in IA is an essential in achieving them. I also use my development experience to explain my desire to add a concentration in international development.
Language: Intermediate proficiency in Mandarin and Spanish
LOR's: I've been out of school for a couple years and haven't keep up with my professors. I can receive strong letters from my current employers and some decent letters from professors.

I appreciate any insight anyone can give me! I am a bit worried about my GPA and how no GRE will affect my application. Thank you for everyones time!

0 replies
· Reply · Share