Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Question for Returning Students...

Chi4Gurl86Chi4Gurl86 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
edited August 2005 in George Washington University
How accurate is the bookstore's website???
Would it be okay to start tracking down cheap books based on their info, or do people usually wait until the first week of classes?
Post edited by Chi4Gurl86 on

Replies to: Question for Returning Students...

• linzi223linzi223 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    I've never had a problem with the bookstore being inaccurate, I say go ahead and start looking for cheap books online, I know I am.
  • Hope331Hope331 Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    how do we know what books we need for our classes? is it in the schedule bc i cant find it
    go to my.gwu.edu, then click on the GW bookstore link in the big box, then click on "find textbooks." It'll ask for your class information (course number, section, etc.), then let you know about the textbooks needed. Good luck!
  • Hope331Hope331 Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    my history 72 class requires like 6 books - most of which i found online for like 3$...my question is do i really need all of them? thanks for the help with that bookstore thing. also, would you recommend using a website like campusbooks.com to buy books - my total came out much cheaper there
    if it says that the books are required, then yes you will most likely need them all. Usually it'll tell you if the book is only recommended. In my experience, I've never had to buy a book I didn't need, but there are always exceptions I'm sure. If you found cheap textbooks at campusbooks.com, I don't see why you shouldn't buy them, as long as it tells you the exact condition your textbooks are in so you don't end up getting one that's falling apart. I always use amazon.com, or half.com and never have problems. This saves me lots and lots of money because buying books from the GW bookstore is a rip-off.
  • idiiasidiias Registered User Posts: 181 Junior Member
    and just to be sure you can always email the professor and ask what books will be used
This discussion has been closed.