Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Yet another chances...

ElanorRigbyElanorRigby Registered User Posts: 151 Junior Member
edited October 2005 in George Washington University
Would apply to ESIA, with a focus on public health

SAT: 2120 (1410 M+V)
SAT II: 730, 750, 760
GPA: 4.0 UW, 4.5 W
AP: 5 US, 5 Span, 3 Eng. Lang.

ECs: nothing too big here, hospital volunteer, Editor in Chief, Director of Newsletter, employed, you get the idea...

So...any chances of admittance? What about scholarships? Are they pretty liberal with them?
Post edited by ElanorRigby on

Replies to: Yet another chances...

• Hippodrome123Hippodrome123 Registered User Posts: 232 Junior Member
    As long as you show interest to prove that GW isn't a safety(e.g. have good essays, maybe go in for an interview), you'll be accepted. If you apply for Financial Aid, you'll probably get a half-tuition scholarship.
  • ElanorRigbyElanorRigby Registered User Posts: 151 Junior Member
    bump bump bump....
  • cutiepie911cutiepie911 Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    i agree with hippo-you have excellent chances of getting in- good luck!

btw- i don't think you need to apply for financial aid to get the half- tuition scholarship, i'm pretty sure its merit based
  • stonecold23stonecold23 Registered User Posts: 1,595 Senior Member
    just curious, is GW ur safety or do you really want to go there with those stats?
    its not my safety...its more of a match...

I am applying to colleges where I fall in the top percentages...to increase the moolah...but don't get me wrong, it think GWU is totally awesome. Wash D.C., politically active, internships galore...
  • stonecold23stonecold23 Registered User Posts: 1,595 Senior Member
    u should try georgetown with those stats
  • seiclanseiclan Registered User Posts: 4,182 Senior Member
    So have you given up on applying to BU, Sargent for RD? Have you changed your course of study?
    wow! i am flattered that someone is actually tracking my schools and such....

Well, to answer your question, i AM applying to 5 private schools, and all of them have accelerated programs to get an MPH (master's in public health) in 5 years. GWU's track requires me to major in IR-Global Health until about mid-sophomore year. BU's track requires me to major in Health Sciences, then declare MPH in junior year. All in all, I will end up with the same degree. It's just the different schools' requirements and paths.
  • gamomgamom Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    Out Of Curiosity Which Schools Are You Applying To? The Reason I Ask Is My Daughter Has The Same Interest.
    USC, Tufts, BU, Tulane, GWU...but, however, depending on the scores and interests of your daughter, other schools, such as upenn, cornell and Johns Hopkins have accelerated MPH. I just chose those 5 based on which school fit my personality best.

If you have any more questions, I'd love to help!
This discussion has been closed.