Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

interviews

Doogie311Doogie311 Registered User Posts: 1,723 Senior Member
edited August 2005 in George Washington University
when do the interviews usually start?

If you've had one, what kind of questions did they ask?

Also...seperate question. Does GWU give out a good amount of aid/scholarship $?
Post edited by Doogie311 on

Replies to: interviews

• marct87marct87 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    I don't know of anyone that actually did an interview. I didn't, and I was accepted.
  • Doogie311Doogie311 Registered User Posts: 1,723 Senior Member
    wut were ur stats?
  • Stain99Stain99 Registered User Posts: 359 Member
    I had a telephone interview with an admissions officer who read the applications for my area. It was fast-paced. She asked about my school, what I did after school, to describe my day. She also asked what other universities I was checking out. (**NOTE-when colleges ask you about what other schools you're applying to, be as vague as possible! I told her I was looking at large universities in urban locations, mostly East Coast. And on the application where GW asks you what other colleges you're applying to, it's best to list only a couple other schools, and it would be great if these schools were similar to GW. I put down Boston University, which is kind of similar except bigger).
    And make sure you have a few questions!
    Oh yeah, if you're not planning on getting an interview on-campus, GW is a pain about getting you one off campus. I requested an alumni/off-campus interview in early October and didn't get one until early December. Be sure to request early.
  • Doogie311Doogie311 Registered User Posts: 1,723 Senior Member
    im assuming u got in stain?

if so wut were ur stats like
    (Low) A minus average. SATs in the low 1300s. 600s-700s on the SAT IIs. Top of the second decile of class of 550. In other words, nothing spectacular. I'd estimate that GW looks for a 3.7-3.8 GPA; ED kids can get away with lower GPAs I feel.
  • marct87marct87 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    I had a 1340 SAT, 30 ACT, 3.7 gpa, I guess alot of extracurriculars. I don't really think my app was anything special. They did offer me scholarships though.
  • cherripye817cherripye817 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I requested an interview when I did the first part of my app in November and I never got one. However i really don't think it matters at all since I got in and a nice scholarship. from what i've heard they're not too big on interviews
  • jenlynn22jenlynn22 Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    LOLOL GW is a good school but not 1300-1400 average SAT. I sat in the info session and the 50% is a 1200-1280. And they want mostly A's and a few B's.. which means one or two. The way the admissions guy was talking, you'd think its so simple to get in lol.
  • Duffman28Duffman28 Registered User Posts: 1,359 Senior Member
    Hmm, I hope my GPA doesn't kill me,

I have a 30 ACT, but only a 3.477 GPA, 4.02 Weighted...I'm hoping the weighted GPA saves me.
  • haydenhayden Registered User Posts: 4,415 Senior Member
    jenlynn - I think you must have misunderstood the admissions people at the info session. USNWR lists their middle 50% as 1180 - 1370. That would have been from a couple of years ago. The GW website, probably using data from 2004 or 2005 entering class, lists the mid 50% as 1240 - 1390.
This discussion has been closed.