Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

realistic chance for RD

eternalsunshinexeternalsunshinex Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
weighted GPA: 3.92
SAT: 1730 (I know, not so good.)
teacher/counselor recs and the 2 essays: excellent
I'm a captain of girls varsity tennis team and I have multiple EC's and volunteer work.

I moved to the U.S. a couple of years ago. I struggled with my grades freshman year due to the transition, but my grades have been improving every year since then. I've taken multiple honors and AP courses for the last 3 years.
I would really appreciate a realistic view of my chances at GW.
It's my top choice, but I haven't been able to apply ED because of my family's financial situation.

thanks in advance :]
Post edited by eternalsunshinex on

Replies to: realistic chance for RD

• eternalsunshinexeternalsunshinex Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    I applied to The Columbian College of Arts and Sciences as a Political Science major if that helps.
  • lizmanelizmane Registered User Posts: 181 Junior Member
    Your SAT is at or below their 25% marker. If your GPA is unweighted 3.92, that may go a long way to compensate for the lower SAT. If it is weighted 3.92, then it may not.

Number wise, your position is not perfect. However, you have a mitigating circumstance (transition). So, it's hard to say.

If you are an international student, then you are likely to be judged in an international pool, rather than compared directly with the domestic students (I am not 100% sure, but it's likely). In that case, it's hard to say whether it's easier/harder.

If hope you also applied to some safeties and matches for you.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.