right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Changing High Schools

ATLgirlATLgirl 5 replies2 threads New Member
edited July 2011 in Georgetown University
Hi guys and girls just have a quick question for y'all. i'm gonna be a senior in high school at a private school in atlanta but it's going to be my 4th high school in 4 years. i've had family issues that have forced me to move around a lot within georgia and i was wondering if georgetown would look down one me because of this. i'm confident i'll get into the instate schools like georgia tech, UGA, and i think emory because of my grades and scores but i'm just worried a real good school like georgetown will look at my app and just kinda....idk, scratch their head? Georgetown is like one of my top schools along with Vassar and UVA so i'm really worried :/
edited July 2011
2 replies
Post edited by ATLgirl on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Changing High Schools

• ATLgirlATLgirl 5 replies2 threads New Member
    I'll chance anybody if that responds :)
    · Reply · Share
  • hammarskjoldhammarskjold 9 replies3 threads New Member
    I think as long as you've gotten consistently good grades, they won't look down on it at all. The admission's committee will realize that moving around was beyond your control, and as long as you've tried to stay on top of your schedule and involved in all the schools you've attended, they'll see that even the frequent instability of moving constantly couldn't hinder your dedication to your education.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity