right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Georgetown University Regular Decision Class of 2019 Thread

Replies to: Georgetown University Regular Decision Class of 2019 Thread

• Blackbelt2b2Blackbelt2b2 24 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 24 New Member
    You can tell your rejection/acceptance immediately based on the stamp. They use an electronic postage machine that marks how much it cost. If it reads 49 cents, then they only sent you one piece of paper (like when I was deferred, and probably rejection mail as well). However, if it was 69(?) cents, then it had both and you're in.
    · Reply · Share
  • PeezusPeezus 216 replies23 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 239 Junior Member
    edited March 2015
    Rejected by Vanderbilt
    Accepted by Cornell, Brown (Likely), UCLA, and Boston College
    Waitlisted by U Chicago

Deferred EA by Georgetown...this process is a complete crapshoot. I'm so curious to her from the rest of my schools though (especially G town!)
    edited March 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • pianogeekpianogeek 346 replies62 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 408 Member
    I know this is gonna sound stupid and annoying. But if ranks 3 and 10 got deferred EA from Gtown does that basically mean I (18/380) will be rejected...

Sorry my self esteem level is just so low rn
    · Reply · Share
  • KDurhamKDurham 186 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    @pianogeek‌ Never Think Like That! you never know what could happen
    · Reply · Share
  • cvisser96cvisser96 166 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 175 Junior Member
    @pianogeek Not at all! Each application is independent, and Gtown looks at the individual!
    Stay hopeful. I'm like 9 in my class and just got into Vandy but number 2 was waitlisted.
    · Reply · Share
  • nmackpaddywhacknmackpaddywhack 58 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    All Gtown admissions letters look like rejection letters at first glance. The only difference is that the acceptance ones have a blue piece of paper in them concerning housing. So of course, they'll be a tad bit thicker.
    · Reply · Share
  • BeckettBeckett 39 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    @Peezus‌

I also got Waitlisted from UChicago, but got into Boston College! Really hope we get into GT...
    · Reply · Share
  • stilchs4stilchs4 154 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 158 Junior Member
    @Blackbelt2b any idea about international rates?
    · Reply · Share
  • KDurhamKDurham 186 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    Geographic Distribution
    Mid-Atlantic (DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA) 35%
    New England (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT) 12%
    Southeast (AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV) 14%
    Southwest (AZ, NM, TX) 5%
    Midwest (IL, IN, MI, OH, WI) 7%
    Central (IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, OK, SD) 3%
    West (AK, CA, HI, OR, WA) 13%
    Rockies (CO, ID, MT, NV, UT, WY) 2%
    US Territories (GU, PR, VI) <1%
    International 9%
    · Reply · Share
  • Blackbelt2b2Blackbelt2b2 24 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 24 New Member
    @stilchs4, International is going to come first in an email, so I'm not sure if it ultimately matters. That being said, it would be difficult to tell you the postage amount because it varies country to country (as well as package size).
    · Reply · Share
  • nomatterwhatnomatterwhat 520 replies34 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 554 Member
    @KDurham,, where did you get the numbers?
    · Reply · Share
  • LetMeInCollege88LetMeInCollege88 19 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 25 New Member
    Does Georgetown let anyone know when the letters are in the mail? (like via twitter, or Facebook?)
    · Reply · Share
  • cvisser96cvisser96 166 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 175 Junior Member
    Georgetown Admissions doesn't really encourage me to want to go to their school.
    1. The interview was a bust; she was a transfer student who couldn't answer many of my questions.
    2. Their admissions responses are so delayed.
    3. They don't update their materials on your portal when they're submitted, but chide you when you call and inquiry about it.
    4. Their application is independent (non commonapp or universal) and is more complicated and ridiculous than the others.

They're lucky Georgetown is such a reputable and established institution. They're lucky that they have incredible resources readily available to their remarkable students. If they didn't, I wouldn't care about my decision.

Butttt I will say, getting them through the mail is sort of cool. I feel so old fashioned. And there was one dude in admissions who was really helpful. Soooo kudos for that?
    · Reply · Share
  • williams2019williams2019 16 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 24 New Member
    hi does anyone know if georgetown values being a first generation college student more than other schools? because on their common data set it says first gen is very important, and i don't think I've seen any other school say that
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity