right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Georgetown Transfers 2020

cravingchipotlecravingchipotle 9 replies2 threads New Member
Hey guys - I'm starting a thread for GU transfers for fall of 2020. Anyone have any clue when the application will be posted?
13 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Georgetown Transfers 2020

• megreemegree 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Should be any day now since the website says September
    · Reply · Share
  • Safaky111Safaky111 12 replies0 threads New Member
    Since it's October 1st, shouldn't it be out by now? Does anyone see it?
    · Reply · Share
  • oliviaepleyoliviaepley 78 replies7 threads Junior Member
    I don't see it. Odd :(
    · Reply · Share
  • cravingchipotlecravingchipotle 9 replies2 threads New Member
    i don't see it either, has anyone called the office yet? i don't know how it's not available yet.
    · Reply · Share
  • Safaky111Safaky111 12 replies0 threads New Member
    I emailed admissions yesterday and all they told me was that "the transfer application is not currently available" and to "keep checking back."
    · Reply · Share
  • USCTransfer111USCTransfer111 3 replies0 threads New Member
    I called the Admissions Office today and they said it should be up in a few days.
    · Reply · Share
  • AshtashAshtash 644 replies26 threads Member
    hey everyone. I transferred in this fall. feel free to PM me with any questions
    · Reply · Share
    edited October 12
    @Ashtash Could you post your stats?
    edited October 12
    · Reply · Share
    @USCTransfer111

High School GPA: 3.85 UW/4.28 W (doesn’t rank)
    SAT/ACT Scores: 33 ACT
    College GPA: 4.0
    Major GPA: 4.0
    · Reply · Share
    @Ashtash what school did you transfer to?
    · Reply · Share
  • Calgirlorbluedevil?Calgirlorbluedevil? 23 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Congrats! :smile: Did you transfer in as a sophomore or junior? How was your transition? @Ashtash
    · Reply · Share
  • CollegeSunCollegeSun 12 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Hey everyone,

I'm currently a junior at Cornell who is considering transferring to Georgetown. I'm looking to transfer because I want to switch majors (to do that at Cornell requires internally transferring and for the college that I'm interested in here I'm not even allowed to internal transfer as a junior) and also because I seek a change in atmosphere (I have SAD which means that my mood and ability to concentrate is heavily influenced by the weather/climate and obviously Ithaca is an incredibly AWFUL place to go to school).

Although I feel that transferring is an appropriate action for me to take at this point, I have 2 concerning issues that will probs negatively affect my transfer chances and I'm not sure if it's still worth pursuing it. First of all, I transferred once to Cornell already so I'm pretty sure that transferring again will be a negative for me in the admissions process. Secondly, my GPA isn't that good (approx. 3.6 currently). I had a 4.0 in my previous college. The discrepancy in the GPAs is mainly due to the difference in location/climate and how it impacts my SAD (the previous college was in the city/good weather, etc).

Given everything that I said above, is it even worth applying to transfer to Gtown?

Thanks in advance! Good luck to everyone applying!!!
    · Reply · Share