right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Is this possible?

SyncMaster152NSyncMaster152N 48 replies18 threads Junior Member
edited February 2008 in Georgetown University
The following pertains to the ENTIRE COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY:
15070 people applied to all undergraduate programs for the 2006-2007 academic year. The school accepted 22% (selectivity) of those applicants, and 47% of admitted applicants (yield) enrolled.

1% of applicants had applied in prior years, and of those reapplicants 1% were accepted.

I got this statistic off businessweek.com and yes apparently it pertains to the entire university. As an applicant who applied last year early decision and was eventually rejected, I was hoping that this year when I am applying as a transfer student the admissions stuff would see my dedicated interest in attending the university. However, according to these statistics 1% of the 15070 were reapplicants which means about 150 and of that 150, only 1 % were accepted? that means 1.5 people. being generous that means only 2 students who were reapplicants at Georgetown got accepted?

I hope I am reading this wrong as Georgetown is my dream school and even after a year at the College of William and Mary I still want to go to Georgetown even more than last year.

What are your takes?
edited February 2008
2 replies
Post edited by SyncMaster152N on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is this possible?

• tdolson88tdolson88 90 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hey that statistic is incorrect. I'm a current transfer at Georgetown and I know well over 20 students in my sophomore class who were rejected as Freshman applicants and were later admitted as transfers.
    · Reply · Share
  • jangel86jangel86 625 replies14 threads Member
    That statistic doesn't make sense. It may have been that that information wasn't provided and the default was 1%
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity