Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

christmas cards

charlotte09charlotte09 Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
edited January 2009 in Georgetown University
I got this really sweet Christmas card from Georgetown...I was wondering if everyone that got in got one?
Post edited by charlotte09 on

Replies to: christmas cards

• pswibpswib Registered User Posts: 318 Member
    My Christmas card came today. It is really nice, handwritten, and has a specific tidbit about something in my application mentioned in it.
  • scootersmomscootersmom Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Yup, D got one with a very nice, personal message today.
  • Hopefulhoya2013Hopefulhoya2013 Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    Well, my mail didnt come today... my mailman decides to take the day off all the time
  • simpson98simpson98 Registered User Posts: 749 Member
    So they include personal bits about your own application? That's pretty cool.
    Yes, I started a big community service project a year or so ago, and the person who wrote my Christmas card mentioned it.
  • neonblue327neonblue327 Registered User Posts: 217 Junior Member
    lol the admission officer mentioned my community service too.
    then next comes the dreadful tuition costs...
  • charlotte09charlotte09 Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    That is so sweet! I bet everyone at the admissions office has awful hand cramps now
  • DCforMeDCforMe Registered User Posts: 626 Member
    Yep, I actually saw the adcoms signing the Christmas cards as we were making phone calls. I'm told they include bits of personal info (although mine last year was pretty generic). They also vary the card they send based on what you filled in under "religion" on the application. I put down Christian and got a "Merry Christmas," which I'm told varies based on what you put down. Get used to these little letters including bits of information from your applications: you'll be getting three or four more between here and May 1st with bits talking about why Georgetown fits perfectly with [that thing you wrote your short essay about].
  • eri196eri196 Registered User Posts: 163 Junior Member
    i havent gotten one yet =[ do they send it out at diff times?
  • Fastfood15Fastfood15 Registered User Posts: 644 Member
    i got mine. s/he responded to the joke i put in the special skills section. Greatly appreciated! I know i shouldn't be swayed by gimmicky things like this, but it honestly adds to the appeal of Georgetown. It seems like they really want me.

doesn't affect the quality of education though. :(
  • eri196eri196 Registered User Posts: 163 Junior Member
    are any of you guys from MA or the Northeast lol. i wanna know why i was shafteddd =[
    Mine came yesterday in Louisiana. I don't know why you haven't gotten yours.
  • rainbsprinklesrainbsprinkles Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    I got a "Happy Holidays" one. Ms. Timlin (the European reader) wished me a "Happy Hanukkah!"...I guess that's my special application tidbit.
  • simpson98simpson98 Registered User Posts: 749 Member
    Ahh! I still haven't gotten one, what's going on?
  • kayheartkayheart Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    I received mine yesterday! Ms. (or Mrs.?) Lia Glavin wrote a little note about my involvement with my school's newspaper. How cute! =]
This discussion has been closed.