Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

just got my subject test scores, am i better or worse off now?

asci09asci09 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
edited December 2008 in Georgetown University
i applied early action and got deferred. i didn't take subject tests before applying EA but now i have them. i'm wondering whether they help or hurt me. by the way i applied to the college of arts and sciences and am looking towards majoring in bio and leaning towards medicine/pharmaceuticals.

little background on me:

SAT I: 740 math 710 CR 650 WR, 1450 or 2100 (i'm going off the assumption that they cherry pick the best scores, i took the SAT I twice)

SAT II: Biology M: 800 Math II: 660 US History: 660 (just got these today, not sent with EA)

GPA: 4.1 as of the end of my junior year, will go up after 1st semester of this school year

Rank: top 10% end of junior year, will go up after 1st semester of this school year

AP scores: World History (5), US History (5), BC calculus (5), AB subscore on BC exam (5)

Current course load: sports marketing, independent science research; AP: Lit, Psych, Gov, Bio; multivariable calculus (curriculum based off of university of illinois at urbana-champaign, we get transferrable credits from this class)

Extracurrics:

4 year football player, 2 years varsity football and captain of the football team for junior and senior year. got the leadership award for the football team my Junior year.

DECA (association of marketing students) attended state leadership conference, competed in selling category and got 1st place. sent to nationals (international career develop conference) where i attended the leadership development academy and my team won the fundraising competition for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

i've been conducting cancer research at Georgetown University Medical Center for about 1 year, and i hope to publish a paper under my primary authorship sometime in 2009. submitted to Intel science talent search and will be submitting to science fairs

community service - I help fundraise and raise awareness for Sahasra Deepika Institute, an institution that has built a school for about 60 orphaned children in India. built and maintained the website for 2 years, have been fundraising/collecting items/doing oddjobs for the institution for almost 10 years. have been to the school in india 5 times and i volunteer my time teaching the kids sports and interacting with them.

other stuff - attend a public school and a magnet school (for my science, math, and research classes). editor for magnet school newspaper, class representative in student government for magnet school as well. live in DC suburbs, indian kid.
Post edited by asci09 on

Replies to: just got my subject test scores, am i better or worse off now?

• simpson98simpson98 Registered User Posts: 749 Member
    I had a 740 USH and a 610 Chem, and got accepted, so I'm thinking all that they're really looking for is that:

A. You took them, and-
    B. You scored decently on them.

So I'd say you're in the same or better position.
  • tlesc01tlesc01 Registered User Posts: 420 Member
    Plus you got an 800 in Bio, which is awesome, especially since it's your field of interest.
This discussion has been closed.