Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help needed with thought of transferring to Gtown

shehwenshehwen Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I guess my story goes a little like this. I never happened to be a serious student until about 2 years ago. In high school I got too carried away with partying to the point where it almost took my life. I now identify myself as an alcoholic in recovery with just under three years of sobriety. Due to this epidemic, my high school grades and SAT scores remain insufficient. I graduated high school with a 3.43 GPA and scored just around 1000 on the math and verbal sections of the SAT. Since then I have completed 2 years at a liberal arts college in Minneapolis, MN. While maintaining a 4.0 GPA I involve myself with various other activities and am noted as the president and founder of a Pre-Law Society on campus. I know that the latter part of my education is not substantial enough to get me into Georgetown but I was wondering that if my grades as of recently and life experience give me any type of chance to get into Georgetown. If anyone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.