Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

what is a "rigorous coursework" for frehsman transfer students?

FutureTransferFutureTransfer Registered User Posts: 170 Junior Member
edited August 2009 in Georgetown University
In my school, for the first semester of my Freshman year I can take only 1 advanced level class (french). Also, for poli-sci my teacher told me that I have to start with first level class (101) no matter what and then go up. If I apply as transfer to the School of Foreign Service in Spring 2010, do you think these 1 level classes in my freshman year greatly decrease the chances of being admitted? I could take second level philosophy etc, but I simply do not have enough time slots even though I have only 15 credit hours for the first semester. It just does not fit in...

could you give me some ideas on what SFS is looking for in terms of the course rigor for freshmen.
Post edited by FutureTransfer on

Replies to: what is a "rigorous coursework" for frehsman transfer students?

• Ambassador FreshAmbassador Fresh Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Thats a great question! I am a frosh at UCR and I am taking 19 units and also am wondering what kind of courses Georgetown expects a transfer student to have taken before transferring....now i'm sure there are not specific classes they expect ....
This discussion has been closed.