Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Please Chance me for G'Town SFS

RajLonRajLon Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
Hi!! I've been looking into G'town SFS now for the past year as I've molded my career decision
I don't think I have an outstanding non-academic record

I have a 3.9 GPA/ 4.6 or 4.7 HPA
I go to a really competitive Arts High School
My SATs are okay, but my goal next time is 2100! (from 1990)
I worked as an ARTS camp teacher this summer and will be an Intern at the local College's youth Camp!
I don't really know my exact class rank, but it's 20-something out of 330-something
I am in NHS, Spanish Honor Society(running for VP-next year), Math Honor Society, SLC(VP), and I want to start my own club next year, something fundraiser-like and involve NHS. I play tennis outside of school and spend a lot of non-school time baby-sitting my 2 year old sister while my parents work/ and my mom goes back to school (this kinda made doing non-school stuff rather difficult)
My family is from Jamaica, including myself-so yeah Im a black female...dont know if it helps
In the fall I have 5 AP classes, 1 Dual enrollment, and 1 class that counts for college credit.
I plan to intern at the State Attorney's Office next fall
I have studied both Spanish and French in HS, I like both, I'm better at Spanish b/c I know it better, and I have been self studying some Arabic and Russian.
This summer I am going to complete a Religious Study/survey where I am going to emerge myself into 5 major religions for a week and reflect on how others respond to me and whether or not I noticed a difference.
And I do theatre, I've been involved in theatre for 6 years (I was more heavily involved the first 3 years, before my mom got married//hadbaby...I had more flexibility, I'm going to do the piece I won second place for in 8th grade and that I used for my High School audition)

**intended major: International Relations and Arabic
This discussion has been closed.