Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Would there be any serious problems in my case ?

shivamchauhanshivamchauhan Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
I am an international student from India and I will be joining Georgia tech for under graduation in computer engineering this fall. I need your help on a thing.

While filling the Georgia tech application form I think I made a mistake and wrote wrong date of leaving my school ( Delhi Public School , Greater Noida) and wrong date of my entry in Dharam Public School.

The thing is that my parents filled the form for me and they wrote the leaving date ( school session in India ends in march) of my school Delhi Public School , Greater Noida to be march 2008 however according to my transfer certificate I just obtained from my school on special request I left the school on 26th May 2008. They also made one more mistake by writing the entry date in Dharam Public School as April 2008 ( school sessions in India generally starts in April) whereas according to my transfer certificate it is 3rd June 2008.I completely take the responsibility of this mistake as I was not able to remember the dates correctly so my parents just presumed that I must have left Delhi public school and joined Dharam public school on the dates when most school session starts.

So guys would there be any problem in my case ( like my admission being revoked) or everything will be just fine ?
Post edited by shivamchauhan on

Replies to: Would there be any serious problems in my case ?

  • emoyewoleemoyewole Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    If you have been accepted this should not be a problem. Call O.I.T (office of international education) or the admissions office to rectify the problem and correct your records.
This discussion has been closed.