Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

First Year Classes for a CS Major

devilengdevileng Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
I was looking at my courses for my first semester at Georgia Tech. I am going to major in CS with two threads (Devices and Media). I looked at the first year courses and realized that there are a lot of combinations that I can take. Can someone tell me the courses I should take in the first year that will challenge me enough and also prepare me for the CS threads that I already mentioned?

Replies to: First Year Classes for a CS Major

• mak1994mak1994 Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    This will depend on how much pre-reqs you are coming in with. If you have not taken ap cs, you will probably have to take CS 1301. If you have, most take 1331 with a bunch of other pre reqs like a science, english,etc.. If you have taken a lot of pre reqs, taking cs 2050 soon is common.. The first year ill defiantly be more geared towards finishing your general classes so I wouldn't be worried on threads just yet. You will have time to change and be more informative before you start taking classes in those threads which will be end of sophomore year/junior year.
  • devilengdevileng Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    @mak1994 Thank you very much! I am transferring credits for Physics I and Physics II as well as Calculus I and Chemistry. So I will start taking a few CS class from my first semester.
This discussion has been closed.