right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Schools are not offering in-person tours because of COVID-19, but many offer virtual tours. Check out our directory of virtual campus tours we know about right now.
Many schools have delayed their deadlines for enrollment due to COVID-19. Check out our exclusive directory of extended deadlines we know about right now.
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!

Chance of Rescinding My Admission??

kccb30kccb30 2 replies1 threads New Member
So, I got into Tech through the early admission somehow (yay!!), and I was really excited that they took me even though my stats are rather low with a 94 gpa/1290 SAT, so I wanted to be really careful about my grades this semester. However, I made the biggest mistake by taking calculus at KSU where I dual enroll. I hate math, I'm unable to do math, and I hate my professor and I'm likely going to get a C in this class if I'm lucky. I'm majoring in International Relations, so I guess it could be a lot worse, but do you think one C in calculus is enough for them to change their mind? I'm also looking at a B in my theater class, but I don't think that'll kill my acceptance, probably just my GPA. So, far my college GPA is a 4.0, so that might help them show I can do college, and that math just isn't my subject.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance of Rescinding My Admission??

• izrk02izrk02 734 replies27 threads Member
    Colleges don't typically rescind for Cs. Unless the C was in a class related to your major (which it isn't), you're fine.
    · Reply · Share
  • kccb30kccb30 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Ok thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • InPursuitInPursuit 583 replies2 threads Member
    edited February 19
    Congrats on getting in! A C will be fine, but don't fail. Tech is very math intensive, and every degree awarded at Tech is a Bachelor of Science degree, so you will have to take a certain number of math and science classes if you attend. Keep that in mind.

I've never believed in the "some people aren't good at math" myth. Perhaps you have a weak background in trigonometry or didn't work that hard, but if you're otherwise getting As in everything, don't sell yourself short by assuming you're not a math person. If you struggle with a class in college (or high school), you should seek out help as early as possible.
    edited February 19
    · Reply · Share