Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Waitlisted? Still interested?

h-kanh-kan Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
edited April 2006 in Gettysburg College
I got waitlisted, but I am still hoping that I'll get in somehow- Gettysburg is one of my top choices. However, since wait list pool candidates will only be notified after May (when we're supposed to enroll at places we're accepted), I have no idea what to do! So, anyone else facing the same problem as me?
Post edited by h-kan on

Replies to: Waitlisted? Still interested?

• BRavensBRavens Registered User Posts: 140 Junior Member
    My daughter was wait listed at Gettysburg and accepted at Loyola. She chose Loyola. My advice is to return the form indicating that you are still interested but send a Deposit to another school that you were accepted in. If you are accepted later, you and your parents have to be willing to lose the Refund Deposit if you still want to go to Gettysburg. Realistically, you should choose another school and move on. Based on their percentages it appears that most kids who are accepted choose to go there so the chances of getting in on the Wait List aren't good. However, if you return the card you have nothing to lose but don't count on it.
  • h-kanh-kan Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    Thanks for your suggestion.

I have still not received word from all colleges I applied. Financial aid is a huge factor for me, so I think I'll send the form and if later Gettys does accept me at a lesser tution that other colls, I'll prolly go there! But, lets see!
  • MartinMartin Registered User Posts: 470 Member
    btw
    when were the waitlist decisions sent last year ?
  • MartinMartin Registered User Posts: 470 Member
    anyone ?? ^^^
This discussion has been closed.