Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Going to April 17 accepted students event?

juliewebjulieweb Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
edited April 2010 in Gettysburg College
My daughter and I plan on being there. Hoping it doesn't start at the crack of dawn as she has a school dance the night before...
Post edited by julieweb on

Replies to: Going to April 17 accepted students event?

• FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon Registered User Posts: 2,793 Senior Member
    Waiting to hear if D is accepted first before we decide.
  • dancingphlangesdancingphlanges Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    My family and I plan on going. Even though we live only 80 minutes away, we might stay at a hotel the night before and get a feel for the night life. Although I here there isn't much to do off campus, but it's a small town after all.
  • jude_36jude_36 Registered User Posts: 543 Member
    dancingphlanges, I think 'not much to do' depends on what you want to do. There isn't a huge mall (although there is an outlet mall that the college runs a shuttle to), but it IS a tourist town, so there are a lot of restaurants and small shops and such. Interesting town just to walk around. And there is a theater, and then all the stuff that happens ON campus. I think it's a pretty busy community.
  • GCmom415GCmom415 Registered User Posts: 720 Member
    I am heading down the 16th. We are from Long Island...I hope they get to meet alot of kids who have decided on Gettysburg.
  • GBdad11GBdad11 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Get Acquainted Day starts at 9:00 AM registration (Convocation is at 10:00 AM) but earlier arrival gets better parking! I believe over 500 families are expected. There will be lots of folks to guide you around campus.

There's an accepted student reception at the Attic (student night club) -- drinks and snacks -- at 3:30 PM and a separate program for parents where the staff and several members of the Parents Advisory Board will be present at the same time.

If you have an iPhone download the Gettysburg College "app." Phone, and web links as well as a real-time campus map.

It's an exciting day!

-- Chuck (PAB '11)
  • GCmom415GCmom415 Registered User Posts: 720 Member
    I'm so excited to be going! We will be heading down tomorrow morning....
This discussion has been closed.