Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Changing the field of study: Industrial Engineering >> Electrical Engineering

PersianManPersianMan Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Dear friends,

I 'd like to follow my education in the graduate level (M.Sc. & PhD) in Electrical Engineering but I have B.Sc. of Industrial Engineering. Although most of my experience have been in the field of industrial automation and electronics, Also i have some certificate of Industrial Automation from Siemens and Installation of Elevator controller as well as i have a invention/patent for a smart home controller.

How can i enter to the Master or PhD (directly) of Electrical Engineering? How can i change my field of study?
Should i take some certain courses of undergraduate level as non-degree seeker before applying for the graduate program? Or I can apply for graduate but before taking graduate courses I should take some core courses of undergraduate level? In this case, How much I have chance to be accepted?

Which esteemed schools do you suggest?
But because I'm an international applicant, How can i apply for taking these courses and student visa. Are the requirements similar to applying for graduate?

Please help me to find a solution for me.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.