Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Admissions in Canadian Grad Schools

thespartan18thespartan18 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
Hi everyone. There are currently three Canadian MA programs I am really interested in: McGill, U of T, and UBC. Now most of these requirements are a minimum 3.3 gpa and I have a 3.85 but it's from a crumby third tier American College (I loved my department but US News doesn't give it a good ranking..) Anyway these schools are ranking like in the top 50 in the world so I'm a little intimidated to even apply. I get really extreme responses from canadians, professors etc. that either say I'm a shoe in or I barely have a chance. I don't know where I stand needless to say.

Does anyone know how hard it is to get into these schools? Can my GPA, letters of rec, writing sample and extras be enough?

I barely understand how graduate admissions work here in America, let alone in Canada so I could use some advice.
This discussion has been closed.