Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

BU Micro / CMB Responses?

pcar88pcar88 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited February 2012 in Graduate School
It's my understanding that the invitations for BU Micro interviews have already been sent out (of which there were likely <20), but any word on the CMB program? Is it one of those "if you don't hear by a certain date assume you didn't get in" type of programs? Thanks.
Post edited by pcar88 on

Replies to: BU Micro / CMB Responses?

• virionsvirions Registered User Posts: 185 Junior Member
    Micro only had one weekend and there were definitely < 20 of us. I don't really know anything about the CMB program, but I believe that was one of the several other groups interviewing at the same time.
  • Bass51azBass51az Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    My year, BU didn't send out rejections until March. Not saying it isn't possible that they could be late on their notifications, just giving you my previous experience (2010).
  • something2something2 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    @Virions
    Did you apply to Mircro or ITP? I interviewed for Micro, still waiting to hear back from BU myself.
  • virionsvirions Registered User Posts: 185 Junior Member
    Micro (pm)
  • rabbitstewrabbitstew Registered User Posts: 239 Junior Member
    CMB interviewed everyone the same weekend as most of the other biomedical sciences, so if you weren't interviewed yet, it's a no-go. Sorry about that. :/

Also, BU micro initial invites are out, but we haven't been told one way or the other who has or hasn't accepted a spot, so I have no idea what's going on other than that.
This discussion has been closed.