Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Grad School Open House?

chemistrycat123chemistrycat123 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
Hello,

So I got invited to an open house at Ohio State for STEM majors...not sure how, since I never filled out any forms or anything but I'm pleased to visit. I am a senior Chemistry Major at a decent state University with a GPA of 3.491 and a Chem GPA of 3.51 or so (not sure if relevant...). Does anybody know of any other open house events at other Grad schools? I have been searching online but can't find anything, and honestly would not have found out about Ohio state's if they hadn't emailed me.

Thanks!

Replies to: Grad School Open House?

• xraymancsxraymancs Forum Champion Graduate School Posts: 4,572 Forum Champion
    There are grad fairs at larger universities. I am sure that Ohio State has one for its own students. These are events where many other universities come and set up booths. As for traditional open houses, like for undergraduate programs, it is somewhat less common. We have run graduate Open Houses at Illinois Tech in the past but we are in a major metropolitan area and we have a lot of Masters programs that appeal to people working in the region.
This discussion has been closed.