Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

what grad schools should I be looking at with a 3.0?

runnerunnerrunnerunner Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
I want to get a masters in education, here's some info. I'll be graduating from Michigan with a 3.0 exactly, (been 3.0 last 3 years, doubt it'll change) I haven't taken the GRE, but for arguments sake, let's say I score slightly above average overall (I excel during exams and tests). I'm an all-american varsity athlete with other solid volunteer and extra curricular too (hence my suffering GPA).

My question is what schools should I realistically be looking at for masters in ed programs? My number once choice has an average 3.5 gpa for admittance so I feel like I'm SOL on that one. So does anyone know of any schools I should focus my attention on? Don't really care where I go, although I'm not a big fan of the east coast and I feel like that's okay since those are mostly IVYs and more selective schools anyway. But I'm willing to go wherever the wind blows me. Also, at 3.0 do I get any safety schools? And if so, what are those safety schools?

Replies to: what grad schools should I be looking at with a 3.0?

This discussion has been closed.