Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Columbia Communications (MS) vs Northeastern Journalism (MA)

LisaAlisaLisaAlisa Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hi everybody!
So I've got accepted for these two so different universities and majors, and I have no idea what to choose...Couldn't find any information on Columbia's MS in communications practice, so I hope maybe there is somebody who studied there=) basically, the pros of Columbia is of course it's name, opportunities, alumni network, campus in NY ( I currently live here and don't really want to move), many resources for student and that dreamed about Columbia for a long time. But then, the major is located at Continuing Education School, so I am nor sure how it affects everything. And I am also not sure how hard it is to find a job in communications sphere after graduation.
For Northeastern, it's pros are a scholarship they give me and obvious difference in price in comparison to Columbia ( Columbia would be approximately 73 000 for 2 years and NEU, as the program is 1 year only, 25 000 (counted with the scholarship).Also this co-op program, although I heard for journalism there is a big possibility to find unpaid....and especially for a foreign student, the job hunting can be pretty tough....
I hope for your advices=)
This discussion has been closed.